All You Need To Know About Selling Your Handicrafts Globally
Indian handicrafts are famous around the world for their high quality, variety, and beauty. India’s handicraft exports contribute significantly to our economy by employing millions of people. The industry is spread throughout India, with over sixty seven thousand business owners producing handicraft items for export.
“An artist is not paid for his labor but for his vision” – James Whistler
If you are unable to locate Indian Marketplaces where you can sell your handmade items or want to sell your handcrafted and unique goods, don’t worry because I have the perfect solution for you.
Handicraft Items for Export from India
The following are the two major categories into which Indian handicraft items fall:
- Daily-use consumer goods
- Items for decoration
While the former is concerned with utensils, cutlery, textiles, and other consumer goods that we may use on a daily basis, the latter is concerned with purely decorative showpieces. Furthermore, the former are manufactured throughout the country using a variety of materials, including ceramics and even copper. The latter, on the other hand, is a type of specialised arts that necessitates highly technical craftsmanship.
As a result, such pieces are more exquisite and expensive, making them an ideal export product. The Indian handicrafts industry is fairly large, and it deals in the following items:
- Paintings on cloth and the floor
- Stone sculpture
- Paper made by hand
- Textiles include block and screen painting, batik, kalamkari, and bandhani.
- Artifacts made of metal
Because of their uniqueness and beauty, Indian handicraft items are highly sought after all over the world. The industry, however, is highly decentralised, as it is spread across various rural settlements throughout India. Most economists consider the handicraft industry to be the second-largest employment provider (after agriculture) because it employs millions of artisans on both a full-time and part-time basis.
Factors To Consider When Deciding What Type Of Handicrafts To Export
When deciding what type of handicraft items to export, business owners must consider the following factors:
- A list of Indian handicraft items available for export.
- Market history, past trends, and future projections
- Export statistics are used to determine a product’s competitive price.
- Investigate Indian tariff law.
- Communicate with other exporters and industry experts to find the best vendors and buyers.
An Overview of Indian Handicraft Export
In fiscal year 2019–2020, India exported handicraft items worth $3.5 billion, with the value of exports broken down by segment as follows:
- $420.45 million in woodwares
- $320.51 million in embroidered or crocheted goods
- Various – $517.68 million
- Textiles with hand-printed designs – $154.96 million
- Imitation jewellery is worth $94.08 million.
- $250.52 million for art metal wares
Documents Required for the Export of Indian Handicrafts
- Incorporation Certificate
- Registration certificate from the IEC Code Export Promotion Council for Handicrafts
- For tax purposes, you must register for the Goods and Services Tax (GST).
- MSME registration is required in order to receive government benefits. To protect your brand’s identity, register a trademark.
- Bank account statements and other financial documents
- Proof of the business owners’ identity and address
- Evidence of ownership of the commercial property
- The process of starting an export business can be intimidating.
How to Sell Your Handicraft Items
Try Craftezy to Sell Handicraft From India to Stores in America and England, UAE, Singapore, Australia and other Countries.
Craftezy is an online handicraft trade platform that aims to digitise the entire buying and selling process for traders all over the world. A B2B marketplace for global handicraft trade. Join the global handicraft industry and connect with thousands of Handicraft buyers on Craftezy.
Before beginning to sell handmade items in countries like America, England, UAE, Australia and other countries from India, you can go to Craftezy. Selling through Craftezy makes it easy for sellers to export from India by providing international logistics and cutting-edge tools to start and manage your handicraft export business.
Increase your sales in America and England, UAE, Singapore, Australia and other countries
You can export products from India and increase sales in countries like America, England, UAE, Australia and other countries.
Demand for Your Products All Year Round
- Maintain your catalogue.
- Control the Ordering Procedure
- Payment Methods That Are Convenient
- Account Creation – Create your Crafetzy account. Fill the details required for the same and upload the required business documents.
- Link your Profile – Next you need to link your seller profile and attach existing sites.
- Profile Verification – The basic documentation will help you get started as your profile will be verified and shared with customers.
- Product Catalogue creation – It’s time to create your product catalogue. Craftezy helps it to look more professional by reviewing it and then refining it if required to make it look attractive.
- What’s next – Start selling!
- Sakura Handicrafts, Paharganj, New Delhi
- Sanjay Exports, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Neha Export House
- The handicrafts Handloom exports corporation of India,TolStoy Marg, New Delhi
- M/s Finesco International,Moradabad, UP
- Aadish Handicrafts, Sector 13, Rohini, New Delhi
- Salar Overseas, Moradabad, UP
- Neha Export House, Panipat, Haryana
India’s handicraft sector is best known for its traditional creativity of its craft items. Whether it’s an international or domestic market, Indian handicrafts is a localized segment in it. These crafts are produced on a small as well as large scale according to the market demand. This industry demands a low investment and so is popular amongst many people as it requires very less investment. The Indian handicraft industry is a small scale industry but it has evolved a lot in these last many years. It has become a major revenue generator from the last many years for the Indian economy. Over the last few years, it has grown consistently with a growth rate of 15%. It contributed majorly in India’s export and foreign revenue. It is now becoming obvious that there’s a huge demand to use technology to cover both national and international demand for Indian handicrafts without compromising on quality and ease of use. This is how Craftezy is contributing to the Indian handicraft industry by providing an online service to buy or sell the handicrafts. Do check out both the Buyer and Seller section of Craftezy to know more about the same. Let us know if you have any questions or suggestions through the comment section. Frequently Asked Questions How To Sell Handicraft From India To Stores In America And England, UAE, Singapore, Australia and other countries
What are the different types of handicraft?
Antiques, Art, Baskets, Paper Mache, Ceramics, Clock Making, Embroidery, Block Printing, Decorative Painting, Glass Work, Fabric, Furniture, Gifts, Home Décor, Jewellery, Leather Crafts, Metal Crafts, Paper Crafts, Pottery, Puppets, Stone and Wood Works are some of the numerous tribal crafts manufactured in India.
What are the requirements to Export Indian Handicrafts?
Here are the requirements to export indian handicrafts To Stores In America And England, UAE, Singapore, Australia and other countries –
- To begin, anyone interested in exporting Indian handicrafts must establish a company and obtain a PAN.
- They must then register with the Director-General of Foreign Trade to obtain a one-of-a-kind 10-digit Import Export Code (IEC)
- Furthermore, businesses must register with their respective Commodity Boards and Export Promotion Councils in order to take advantage of government benefits and other incentives.
- Similarly, the Indian government established the Export Promotion Council for Handicrafts under the Companies Act of 1986. Furthermore, the EPCH is in charge of promoting, protecting, and increasing overall Indian handicraft exports.
How do I get export clients?
Here are a few steps to help you find overseas customers for your export business:
- Begin by conducting thorough online research.
- Register yourself with online exporters like Craftezy.
- Invest in increasing brand awareness.
- Make your existing customers your top priority.
- Learn about the needs of the local market.
- Begin by keeping track of embassies’ fairs and economic changes in the local market.
Try Craftezy, we make it simpler for you to reach a global audience.